Thursday, July 14, 2005

Old Age

I'm old. I sleep a lot, my hearing's going, and I have arthritis that's worse some days than others. The past few days have been hard. My nightly walks have been getting slower, and sometimes I can't remember if I even took the walk.

But I can still do my job.

I'm here for one purpose... to make my family feel good. I don't need to run fast, or hear perfectly, or be a puppy to bring a smile to their hearts. I just have to have that special quality I like to call "Mabelness." I have the uncanny ability to just hang around, look up occasionally, and make them laugh. I'm not even sure how I do it, but it's just a thing I have.

No other dog has it.

Someday, my job will be over and maybe another dog will take my place. But for now, even at my advanced age - I've still got it!

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger praynlady said...

Mabel, I sure have missed your posts. I hope you are feeling well today and that you haven't gotten any paw cramps from all the typing labor. heehee

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Roger Blackmore said...

I know exactly what you're talking about Mabel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home