Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I'm Moving On From the Pope Thing

After lengthy discussions with a certain man of the cloth (who also happens to love and appreciate my kind), I've reluctantly decided to let go of my papal ambitions. There are just too many rules, and I don't think I can remember all of them.

So to avoid embarrassing myself, not to mention God himself, I think it's best to let someone else have that job.

However, I've noticed in the news today that British Prime Minister Tony Blair has called for an election in early May. He wants to be reelected Prime Minister. It's pretty cool when you not only have the job already, but you can also actually decide when the new election will be.

Anyway, that's a job I might want to consider. My species (Cocker Spaniel) originated from the U.K. (although oddly enough, Spanish was my first language. Don't ask). This might be a better fit for me. The British are more dignified, and possibly calmer, than the Italians. And if I were pope, I'd have to deal with all those huge crowds of emotional, Italian, Catholic people. Not that I don't love all people - I just don't love them when they're all together at the same time, all wailing and screaming and trying to touch me. That wouldn't be good. But I've never heard of people treating the British Prime Minister that way. There's a certain decorum in England that I think I could really get into.

So I haven't really decided yet, but I'm really thinking about it. I'll have to sleep on it - several times a day. Jolly good, and cheerio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home